- Inspire, engage
and unlock the potential of youth basketball
players from the Lesser Antilles to be
better leaders on and off the basketball
- Promote local and international basketball activity in the Lesser Antilles islands
- Engage local/international National Federations (France, Netherlands and UK) who have overseas territories in the region
- Create a platform for promoting and highlighting FIBA IBF's commitment to using basketball as a tool for development
- Use the 3x3 platform to determine the most pressing issues facing young people and develop a long term plan that supports youth once they go back to their communities
We would like
create the following changes in
- Improved social networks
- Improved understanding of the role basketball can play in meeting community and development challenges
- Increased leadership skills
- A network of youth leaders who can ultimately become community champions in their countries
To have more young people engaged in regular basketball activity and with skills to use basketball as a tool for development in their communities.
Our belief is if young people are given the right tools and support, they can become drivers of growth in their communities. We further believe that sport and in particular basketball is uniquely positioned to attract and inspire youth.
Basketball Foundation (IBF) was founded in
2008 by the International Basketball
The Foundation is the social, educational and legacy arm of FIBA that addresses the role of sports and particularly basketball in society, preserving and promoting basketball's values and its cultural heritage.
Its main areas of activities are educational programmes for administrators, the management of FIBA's archives, the establishment, housing and promotion of basketball's history and memorabilia as well as the FIBA Hall of Fame. It also owns and manages the House of Basketball, FIBA's worldwide headquarters.
Route Suisse 5
1295 Mies, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 (22) 545 00 00
Fax.: +41 (22) 545 00 99
Basketball Confederation (CBC) is a
Sub-Sub-Zone of the FIBA the world governing body
Founded in 1981, to bring together 23 National Basketball Federations from the Caribbean. The CBC was preceded by the former Caricom Basketball Confederation with the inclusion of Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2000.
We organise and oversee international competitions that includes the CBC Championships and 3x3 basketball.
P.O. Box 172
St. Michael BB14000, Barbados
Tel1.: +1 (246) 230 8240
Tel2.: +1 (856) 418 4887
The Saint Lucia
Basketball Federation (SLBF) was founded in
1997. The SLBF is the governing body for
basketball in the Saint Lucia. The SLBF
serves to exercise a leadership role in the
promotion and development of sport of
basketball in Saint Lucia through programs
and services for all levels of athletes,
participants, leaders and volunteers.
The SLBF is responsible for their participation in the CBC Championships. The SLBF was formally recognized by the FIBA in 1997 and is assigned to the CBC sub-sub-zone.
P.O. Box 1731
Castries, Saint Lucia
Tel2.: +1 (758) 285-6597